CBD LAWS IN LOUISIANA louisiana dwi lawyer
In New Orleans and the State of Louisiana in it illegal for anyone to process or sell:
(1) Any part of hemp for inhalation.
(2) Any alcoholic beverage containing CBD.
(3) Any food product or beverage containing CBD unless the United States Food and Drug Administration approves CBD as a food additive.
The law further states that any CBD product that is manufactured, distributed, imported, or sold for use in Louisiana shall:
(1) Be produced from hemp grown by a licensee authorized to grow hemp by the United States Department of Agriculture or under an approved state plan pursuant to the Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018 or under an authorized state pilot program pursuant to the Agriculture Improvement Act of 2014.
(2) Be registered with the department in accordance with the State Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Law.
(3) Be labeled in accordance with the State Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Law.
(4) Not be marketed as a dietary supplement.
(5) Have labels must state: “This product has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.” The label cannot contain any medical claims. The label must have a scannable bar code, QR code, or web address linked to a document or website that contains a certificate of analysis.